Monday, February 2, 2009

Week Sev7n

Monday (8 miles) I headed out to a place called Lake Murray which was about 3 miles away from the apartment. I have run this lake before when I visited SD with Tim. The path is a wide asphalt path that goes along the lake with Kilometer markers. Its 3.2 miles out or 5.change out so 6.4 miles total. I then added on after making it 8 miles.

There are tiny flies out here...ew

Tuesday (7.5 miles) I was feeling pretty good and headed out on a run about the campus. I came through 6 miles in around 40 minutes and was feeling pretty good. I added on about another mile and a half before I hit the off button.

I kept seeing the same cop while I was running and he pulled over to talk to me and ask how far I was going. I replied "only 7" and he said "shit I die after 3", I saw him later when he had a lady pulled over for a traffic stop.

While writing a ticked he started laughing and yelled at me to "Just stop already". I am already tearing this town down! The video above is pretty much what my experience was like with the SDSU cops.

Wednesday (10 miles) I woke up around 930 and decided, hey I will do my quantum homework, and I did. After an amazing breakfast = oatmeal + multi-grain cheerios, I sat around for a while and then ate lunch. Feeling very unproductive I emailed the SDSU track coach asking if they needed any help, and if I could use the track here and there for workouts. I have yet to hear back. Around oh 2pm I called the MDSU Office and found out that I would finally be getting paid for all my coaching duties on... Feb 10th. So I work from September till December and get paid in February, good to know. However also good to know that in a few more weeks I will no longer be as poor as Africa, and rather I will finally be level with the poverty in America...yippie!... After that  I headed out to Murray park and did my first workout of the season. Below is it DRUM ROLL PLEASE ok ... so no.

20 minute warm up 20 Minute cool down
1 (rest 1 minute) 3:10
2 (rest 1 minute) 3:09
3 (rest 1 minute) 3:07
4 (rest 1 minute) 3:05
5 3:08

That works out to a 15:39 5k (average 3:07) which would be a 1 second PR. I am again excited for the track season. I will do this workout once a week, but change it a little bit each week. I will never do more than 10k but I would like to up it after next week.  This along with 12 x 400m with 1min rest and 16x 200m will get me very ready for track season. I want to add in some tempos as well which will be easy to do out at the lake.

Thursday (9 miles) I went out to Lake Murray and did a recovery run here for about an hour. I can't really remember much about this run, as it was just a chill adventure.

Friday (8.8 miles) I headed out around 1030am to the Beach to do an out and back. I covered the first 4.4 miles in 27:53 or around 6:21 pace. I about faced and started heading back. I didn't feel like I was really moving but I covered the second half in 26:33 or 6 flat pace. This of course works out to a 6:11 average which is pretty CRANBERRY Great since last week I could barely hold 640's let alone for over 4 miles. I also got some sun and I am thinking that though I may not be in race shape by next weeks opener I could be in beach tan mode... not really what Goldhammer trained me for 4 years for but its a start.

 Saturday (ZERO miles) I decided today would be a good day to take off.  On a completely unrelated note the Double XP weekend for Halo3 was infection! Look out for Zombies near you!LAST MAN STANDING!!!!

Sunday (12 miles) So I went out to Balboa park today, more famously known for the Zoo and Foot Locker National CC Championships. I got really really lost and just ended up running around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes. I did get to go down the famous finishing downhill of the FLN course, seen below. I  didn't feel as out of control as these girls look, but it was still a rather steep hill. I am rather pissed I didn't run longer today, but coming back from that shitshow about a week ago, lets just say I was happy with today.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

total miles - 55.3

Notes - Next week I will jump back up to where I need to be. Hopefully I will be in the 65-70 mile range and I will have only lost around 2 weeks of training.

0 Comments: