Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Vista 2-miler (3218 meters till glory)

Goals: Having not run a full Two mile ( 5280ft X 2 ) in ... forever. I don't even think I have a Full 2-mile PR. Race info can be found here! Given performance equivalents I should be able to run in the 9:23-9:45 range. The first time being my mile PR (Nov. 07) and the second time being my most recent 5k result (March 09) equivalent. I am thinking anything sub 9:40 will be a good showing.

Monday (0 miles) Realized that yesterday ended up getting to be around M pace and thus took a bit more out of me due to the tempo the day before. Thus today is off.

Tuesday (13 miles) Just headed out for a few loops about campus got in a good 30+ minute run for 5 miles. Goal is to get in 8+ this afternoon. Ran 8 in the evening. Nice.

Wednesday (13 miles) Ran 4 miles in the AM as a nice and easy shakeout. Did the run on the turf field which was really nice. The evening was out to Lake Murray for some 1k repeats. The workout was a 25 minute warm up followed by 3 x 1k w/ 2min jog rest. The K's were 3:04, 3:04, 2:58. Then a 18 minute cool down. All in all a pretty solid session.

Thursday (12.5 miles) Went on a 8 mile run in the AM and then chilled for a while. Roxy came down and I took her out to Mission Bay and out on a run. I headed out on a nice and easy 30+ minute shake out. About 4.5 miles.

Friday (9 miles) Pre-meet out at Balboa. more to come later on the epic food that followed this run below. um, more to come is just search for Hash House A go go in SD. You will be impressed.

DSC00124

Saturday (16 miles) Went for a run this morning with Kramer to show him the first part of the long run he wanted to go on. I ended up doing a little more than I should have and covered 7.5 miles. Afterwards we headed over to Todai for some all you an eat sushi and Asian food. Headed out to Vista HS which is around 45 minutes away. I watched some races and then headed out on a ~20 minute warm up (3mi). I did my drills and strides and go on it. I know I was around 4:49 for the first full mile (1609m), but after that I don't really know any splits or anything. I think my final time was sub 9:40 but I don't know just yet. Its final 9:36.87. That's a 9:33 converted time which is average of 4:46 1600m or 4:48 1609m (miles). Also clocked a 8:58 through the 3k. For another PR. The converted 3200m time is a 8 second PR and the 3k split was a 6 second PR. The 2nd mile split was 4:47. After the race I headed out on a 3.25 mile cool down. Total for the second half of the day is 8.5. Making my mileage at 63.5 at this point in the week or and average of 12.7 per day for the last 5 days. I will put in a bit of running tomorrow, but it will be really easy stuff.

Sunday (1 miles) Small, small shake out. left calf just wasn't feeling it.

Week Total : 64.5

Summary : um, fantastic, that's all I can say.

0 Comments: