Wednesday, January 28, 2009

6 weeks signals a bumpy beginning.

Monday (12.5 miles) My AM run was... 7 miles on an old route I haven't done in a long time. EXTENDED SCRIPPS TOWNE (plus an echo). Anyhow the run went well though I felt kind of tired from sleeping on a small couch the night before. My PM run was a much different animal. A 2 mile warm up followed by some active stretching then another mile warm up to the 2 mile left to go mark. Ran the last 1.5 with Kris in 7:48 or 5:10 pace and felt really good. Did a small cool down and then hopped on the track for some 200's with barriers. Only did one set of 4x200 because I felt something go in my right hamstring. We will see how that feels tomorrow.

Tuesday (0 miles)

After putting my hamstring in pain the day before I decided it best to rest today and get it back to 100%. Its a long season and nothing has to come together right away. I moved in today to San Diego. I have some pretty chill flat mates one who plays call of duty 3 and enjoys HALO3.

Wednesday (7.75 miles) Went on an exploring run which went pretty well, but there is so much humidity that its almost hard to breath sometimes. I am feeling a little weak, but not sure why.

Thursday (8.5 miles) Went on a new run which turned out to be a terrible idea. My route ended up having 100_1562ZERO sidewalk or shoulder on the road and thus I had to be in the road for parts of it. Not a very pleasant experience. I feel absolutely terrible as well today. Its not because this is my first day of classes, I think I have the stomach flu. I will comment more on my first day of school and my apartment later. However here is a view from my apartment looking out onto inland San Diego.

Friday (5 miles) I still feel crappy and only did about 30+ minutes on the turf field down the street. Its awesome to have a close soft surface however its not what I wanted to do today. I went to a place called Hodad's for lunch with Sean. The burger I got was amazing, but also about the size of a softball. Here is a link to their website. That afternoon I felt bad still so I just laid around for most of the day. Kim called me up and we went to get some coffee around 8 and we spent the next 3 hours or so catching up.

Saturday (0 miles) After waking up and feeling terrible yet again I decided today is a nothing day. I will lay around for most of the day eating saltines and apple sauce and sipping on some flat ginger ale.

we will see how Sunday goes...

Sunday (5 miles) I think that I am getting better though it is hard to tell. My right hamstring is now 100% however my legs felt like jello I kinda have felt like ...

well you get the point. Today was the first day I got to eat real food so I am still a little week. I should be able to put in a easy mileage week next week and then get back into it fully the week before the Alumni Meet. I am not one to make excuses. But with the hamstring issue from Monday - Sunday and being sick forcing two days off I am not sure I will be in good form to race in two weeks.

Summary you can do it if you want I am not going. Basically I ran some total number of miles ... and adjusting to a new place is hard. Here is to next week! I will try and put out 2 posts this week about my being here ( the school and my flat mates) and one on classes and such.




Song
Contrivance

0 Comments: